- Grinding Wheels
- Select by grade (view by colour)
- Pink Aluminium Oxide
- Grinding Wheel - 180 x 19 x 50.8 ALTOS 80V (GW129)
Type 1 Straight NORTON ALTOS (TGX80G13VCF5)
180 x 19 x 50.8mm
80 Grit - Porous Bond
Speed 35m/s, 3750 RPM
Altos & Altos IPX
The unique elongated, extra sharp ceramic grain is combined with a highly porous and permeable open structure, allowing coolant maximum access to the grinding zone and providing improved chip removal and reduced friction. This provides high metal removal rates, improved form holding, longer wheel life and reduced dressing with a greatly reduced risk of metallurgical damage.
Most effective where there is a large contact area between the wheel & the work piece such as creepfeed, surface and gear grinding applications.
Suitable for hard to grind materials and nickel based alloys.
Altos and Altos IPX reduce cycle times by up to 50% and increase the number of pieces ground by 3 to 4 times, the best solution for productivity improvement and cost savings for turbine blade grinding.
- Norton Ceramic grain is controlled by extrusion technology.
- Existing porous grinding wheel technology relies on pore inducers to create the open wheel structure.
- Wheels made with pore inducers result in abrasive grain being grouped around open pores, this can lead to potential friction spots, reducing coolant access and chip clearance.
- By using Altos extrusion technology, extruded grain has a high length to diameter ratio.
- This gives a more consistent, open structure with effective coolant flow and better chip clearance.
Bore reducing bushes available free of charge - please ADD NOTE at checkout - specify which bush size you require.
Library image used for illustration purposes.
On Site machining facilities available.
We can modify standard stock to your specifications.
Please contact the office on:
+44(0)121 687 1135
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
Customers also viewed
£57.30 (inc VAT) £47.75 (ex VAT)
£35.66 (inc VAT) £29.72 (ex VAT)
£44.64 (inc VAT) £37.20 (ex VAT)
£18.25 (inc VAT) £15.21 (ex VAT)
£9.00 (inc VAT) £7.50 (ex VAT)